Internship Opportunity: Direct Service Intern
Purpose: The Direct Service Intern will assist staff with co-facilitation of programs within the Girls Empowerment Network (GEN). They will work with a diverse group of girls in the Central Texas area and work in a team oriented environment. The Intern can expect to gain valuable group facilitation skills, learn outreach techniques, and gain knowledge about social-emotional programming..
Location: GEN’s main office, 3000 S IH 35, Suite 400, 78704
- Assist in the implementation of all GEN programs, including: clubGEN, 180, Girl Talk Workshops, We Are Girls Conference, Pathfinder, and Summer Camps.
- Co-facilitate a minimum of 4 groups/week, including 180 and clubGEN groups.
- Conduct intake, assessment, and provide referrals to participants when appropriate.
- Oversee logistical details of groups, such as recruiting participants and making reminder calls to participants.
- Attend community events in representation of GEN.
- Conduct bi-weekly reports for groups.
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Length of Appointment: Semester
Time Commitment: Flexible, depending upon number of hours desired for credit. Minimum 10 hours/week maximum 32 hours/week. A few evening and weekend hours will be required.
Compensation: This is a volunteer intern position with college credit available.
- Applicants must be professional, creative, team oriented self-starters who have an eye for detail and a positive attitude.
- Applicants must have obtained or are actively pursuing a degree in counseling, social work, or related field.
- Must be committed to the goals/mission of GEN and social justice.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be available to run afterschool programs on some weekdays.