GEN is currently adding new roles for our Houston service region, including:
- A full time Director of Philanthropy
- A full time Program Manager
- Two part time Program Coordinator positions.
To apply, please access the linked job descriptions above and follow the specific instructions outlined. Please, no phone calls to our office regarding employment opportunities.
GEN is seeking strong leaders with a passion for girls’ issues to fill a number of unpaid internships within our agency. All interns must be committed to the mission of GEN, be team-oriented, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have reliable transportation. Internships typically last one semester (fall, spring or summer) and are anywhere from 10-40 hours/week. Please use the application form to specify which areas of our work you are most interested in. Thank you for considering GEN for your internship!
We currently have the following opportunities available:
- Communications—contribute to social media, the agency blog/website, and external communications.
- Community Relations—serve as a representative of GEN in the community, table at outreach events, and assist with the recruitment, screening, and training of agency volunteers.
- Direct Service—contribute to curriculum review and revision, provide support on-site with programming, and facilitate groups at elementary, middle, and high schools.
- Fundraising—assist with projects necessary to sustain programs for girls and gain valuable skills in a nonprofit Development Department.
- Pathfinder Leadership Summit Intern—will assist in various aspects of delivering our Pathfinder Leadership Summit, a personal and professional leadership development program for young women in high school.
- Project Management—help plan our annual We Are Girls conference which serves 3,000+ parents, girls and educators in November (with events in Austin and Houston), as well as contribute to marketing/PR efforts and initiatives for our camps, Pathfinder program, and special projects.
- Data and Operations—will assist staff with the various aspects of the management of a Operations Department. Interns in this position can expect to gain introductory experience in nonprofit data, SalesForce/CRM platform management, nonprofit operations, and management.
Notice: GEN DOES NOT accept paper, mailed or faxed applications. Please use an appropriate word processing program such as MS Word to submit your application materials. Also, please note that submitting a resume is optional.