Internship Opportunity: Project Management Intern
Purpose: The Project Management Intern will assist staff with planning and outreach for our annual statewide We Are Girls conference, which serves 3,000+ parents, girls, and educators every November. This position will also contribute to our organizations special initiatives; including campGEN, our summer program for girls in grades 4-8; Pathfinder Leadership Summit, a leadership development program for high school girls. The Project Management Intern can expect to gain introductory experience to large event planning, outreach management, nonprofit marketing, and public relations.
Location: GEN Office, 3000 S IH 35, Suite 400, 78704
- Brainstorming and implementing new ways to conduct community outreach and effectively spread GEN’s mission.
- Marketing and outreach to the Austin and Houston community throughout the school year via mailings, phone calls, tabling, and email communication.
- Recruiting breakout session presenters for We Are Girls.
- Executing day of logistics with the GEN team for all events taking place during semester.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned; all interns are welcome to cross train to spend a portion of their weekly time in our direct service programs, if desired.
Reports to: Project Manager
Length of Appointment: Semester
Time Commitment: Flexible, depending upon number of hours desired for credit. Minimum 10 hours/week maximum 32 hours/week. A few evening and weekend hours will be required.
Compensation: This is a volunteer intern position with college credit available.
- Applicants must be professional, creative, team oriented self-starters who have an eye for detail and a positive attitude.
- Must be a natural leader.
- Must be committed to the goals/mission of GEN and social justice.
- Must possess excellent research, writing, editing, and oral communications skills.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Previous large event, outreach or nonprofit experience is a plus, but not required.