Internship Opportunity: Pathfinder Intern
Purpose: Pathfinder Interns will assist in various aspects of delivering the Girls Empowerment Network’s Pathfinder Leadership Summit, a personal and professional leadership development program for young women in high school. Interns can expect to gain experience in leadership and mentoring. Interns will also have the opportunity to learn alongside program participants from experts in various fields of career development and leadership.
The Pathfinder Leadership Summit is a week-long summer program that helps young women uncover their strengths, develop skills like interviewing and public speaking, explore different industries and professions, and gain access to women leaders — all with the support of like-minded peers and college-aged role models.
Location: Training and programming will be held at GEN, 3000 S IH 35, Suite 400, 78704.
Length of Appointment and Time Commitment:
- Pathfinder Internship Training: Wednesday, June 8- Friday, June 10.
- Participation in full Pathfinder Leadership Summit, held Monday, June 13- Saturday, June 18.
- Serve as mentor for a group of 5-8 high school students during the week-long Pathfinder Leadership Summit.
- Develop and lead team building activities and large group ice breakers that promotes bonding and connection among high school participants.
- Lead small group discussions, facilitate workshops as assigned, assist in coordinating projects, and answer questions/provide insight about college throughout the Pathfinder Leadership Summit.
Reports to: Project Manager
Compensation: This is a volunteer intern position.
- Applicants must be professional, responsible, team oriented self-starters who have a positive attitude.
- Applicants must currently be attending an institute of higher education or be a recent graduate.
- Must be committed to the goals/mission of Girls Empowerment Network.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have reliable transportation.