Internship Opportunity: Fundraising Intern
Purpose: The Fundraising Intern will assist staff with the various aspects of the management of a small shop Development Department at the Girls Empowerment Network (GEN). The Intern can expect to gain introductory experience in giving societies, donor relations, direct mail, and online campaigns.
1 role available at GEN’s Central Texas office: 2801 S. I-35, Ste. 110, Austin, TX 78741
1 role available at GEN’s Houston office: 4660 Beechnut St., Suite 102, Houston, TX 77096
- Administrative duties—assist with database maintenance, mailings,
- Online campaign management—assist with GEN’s peer-to-peer campaigns
- Donor relations—logistics for donor giving society happy hours, collecting program stories to share with donors, and donor recognition (thank you letters and cards).
- Additional responsibilities as assigned; all interns are welcome to cross train to spend a portion of their weekly time in our direct service programs, if
Reports to: Development Manager (Central Texas) or Director of Philanthropy (Houston)
Length of Appointment: Semester
Time Commitment: Flexible, depending upon number of hours desired for credit. Minimum 10 hours/week maximum 32 hours/week. A few evening and weekend hours will be required.
Compensation: This is a volunteer intern position with college credit available.
- Applicants must be professional, creative, team oriented self-starters who have an eye for detail and a positive
- Applicants must have obtained or are actively pursuing a degree in business, marketing, communications, social work, nonprofit management, or similar
- Must be committed to the goals/mission of GEN and social
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Must have reliable
- Previous fundraising or nonprofit experience is a plus, but not required.