Data & Operations Intern
The Data & Operations Intern will assist staff with the various aspects of the management of a Operations Department at the Girls Empowerment Network (GEN). The Intern can expect to gain introductory experience in nonprofit data, SalesForce/CRM platform management, nonprofit operations & management.
Location: GEN’s main office, 3000 S IH 35, Suite 400, 78704
- Data—assist with data collection, entry, review and refinement in SalesForce CRM.
- Reporting—assist with creating and regularly updating reports for the agency
- Support—support general office duties and look for ways to make internal operations more efficient and productive.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned; all interns are welcome to cross train to spend a portion of their weekly time in our direct service programs, if desired.
Reports to: Administrative Specialist
Length of Appointment: Semester
Time Commitment: Flexible, depending upon number of hours desired for credit. Minimum 10 hours/week maximum 32 hours/week. A few evening and weekend hours will be required.
Compensation: This is a volunteer intern position with college credit available.
- Applicants must be professional, creative, team oriented self-starters who have an eye for detail and a positive
- Applicants must have obtained or are actively pursuing a degree in business, marketing, communications, social work, nonprofit management, or similar fields
- Must be committed to the goals/mission of GEN and social
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Must have reliable transportation
- Previous database or nonprofit experience is a plus, but not required