Internship Opportunity: Community Relations Intern
Community Relations Intern
Purpose: The Community Relations Intern will assist staff with the various aspects of community engagement and outreach, including representing GEN in the community, tabling at community events, and assisting with the recruitment, screening, and training of agency volunteers. The Community Relations Intern can expect to gain introductory experience in volunteer management, community outreach, and training facilitation.
Location: GEN’s main office, 3000 S IH 35, Suite 400, 78704
- Representing GEN at community outreach events.
- Assisting Community Relations and Volunteer Manager with volunteer recruitment, agency publicity, and volunteer appreciation initiatives.
- Conducting initial volunteer screenings and interviews to assess the best placement for agency volunteers.
- Co-facilitating volunteer trainings and proving support at monthly Volunteer Nights.
- Interviewing and writing a monthly blog post about GEN’s featured “Volunteer Spotlight”.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned; all interns are welcome to cross train to spend a portion of their weekly time in our direct service programs, if desired.
Reports to: Community Relations and Volunteer Manager
Length of Appointment: Semester
Time Commitment: Flexible, depending upon number of hours desired for credit. Minimum 10 hours/week maximum 32 hours/week. A few evening and weekend hours will be required.
Compensation: This is a volunteer intern position with college credit available.
- Applicants must be professional, creative, team oriented self-starters who have an eye for detail and a positive attitude.
- Must be committed to the goals/mission of GEN and social justice.
- Must possess excellent research, writing, editing, and oral communications skills.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Previous social media, communications, or nonprofit experience is a plus, but not required.